Wednesday, May 11, 2011

For the WIN

Just got back from my Newport Coed soccer league and we finally won!!!!! And in quite high fashion I might add, 6-2. Who cares if the team started with 7 players, and played with 10 most of the game... Although I can't take ownership of any of those 6 goals, I did have a sweet assist! Off a corner even!! Let me give you a play by play... Ball goes out, I go run to take the corner and tell the guy who wanted to take it (he is over 6 feet tall btw) to get in the box as the likelihood of him scoring is slightly (only slightly) higher than me (at 5'4"). I don't get why the 6 foot tall guys always wants to take the corners, what the heck, you are tall, go score a goal dude! Can I get an AMEN!! Anyway, I send the ball in, just out of the Keeper's reach and over all the defenders to my player back post at the 6 yard box. Boom. GOAL. Insert Sam "SWEET!" So I am pretty sure I finally proved to those guys that I can send in a way better corner in than they can! I am pretty pumped (if you can't tell) and can't wait for next week's game. There is something so awesome about an assist. Although the goal scorer usually gets most of the glory and the highlights on SportsCenter, if that ball didn't come in at that perfect moment, at the perfect spot, the goal would have never existed. 


"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." ---John Wooden

Don't let the big picture get in the way of completing all the steps you need to get there. Don't let the amount of steps freak you out. And don't forget to celebrate the small stuff, even if it is as minscual and irrevelant as an assist in an adult rec coed soccer league. I like to think the small wins get me through the seemingly bigger losses.


Love & Smiles

sammi d


P.S. Me and my DC kids are going to a LA Galaxy game this weekend and I couldn't be more excited. I even get to see Becks play!! Post to come with some pictures from the game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment